Nancy Block has a distinguished 45 year career creating and selling works of art. She began painting as a hobby in 1964 as she raised three children in Brooklyn, New York. When her children got older, her interest in painting accelerated and she began to exhibit her work throughout the metropolitan New York area. Her reputation grew as her abstract work developed a strong following amongst art enthusiasts throughout the world. From 1980 through 1984, Nancy supplied her work to Bloomingdale’s where it was displayed and sold in their furniture department. Nancy further exposed her talents in 1980 when she began designing patterns for Wedgewood China. In 1980, she opened her own business, “Signatures In Art”, in West Orange, New Jersey which showcased her own work and also provided her loyal clientele opportunities to purchase 19th century American and European paintings, bronzes, marble sculptures, and other distinguished art. Nancy purchased these works at various venues throughout the United States. “Signatures In Art” relocated to Livingston, New Jersey in 1998. Nancy is presently a member of the Art’s Council of Livingston where she continues to exhibit and showcase her work.
- Canyon Ranch, Lennox, Massachusetts, 1984–2004
- Art Centre of New Jersey, Bergen Community Museum,1980
- Virdian Gallery, New York, 1979
- Riverside Square Mall, New Jersey, 1979
- Felix Vercel, New York, NY 1978
- Kato Gallery, One Woman Show, SoHo, New York, NY, 1977
- South Orange Art Exhibit, NJ, 1978-1979
- Livingston Public Library, 1972-1977
- West Hampton Outdoor Art Exhibit, 1973-1976
- Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit, 1971-1979
- Westfield Art Exhibit, NJ, 1975
- Summit Art Exhibit, NJ, 1973-1975
- Audubon Society, New York, 1973 Art Exhibit
- 23rd – 27th Regional Art Exhibit, Art Center of the Oranges
Nancy has been listed in National Registry Who’s in Art since 1999. She continues to receive ribbons for her work.